You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
- 1907 - 1913
- The historic image shows a horse and carriage on a muddy, main dirt road running through town. The rider in the carriage holds an umbrella. There are two buildings (one is a general store) with porches on the left side of the road. It looks like summer. The caption below the photograph reads, "Franklin, Vt. There are many beautifu drives around Franklin. You 'auto' pay us a visit." This postcard with its obvious typographical error ("beautifu" instead of beautiful) pokes fun at the state of current transportation in Franklin around 1913. Postcard sent July 14, 1913.
- 600 x 988 pixels; 303656 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Animals; Buildings; Business; Commercial buildings; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Earth Materials; Forests and Plants; Geology; Horses; Human Activity; Human Constructs; Living Things; Men; Mud; Nature; People; Roads; Roads,Earth; Season; Sediments (Geology); Streets; Summer; Time; Transportation; Travel with horses; Trees; Wagons; Women; Work;
- Special Collections, Bailey/Howe Library, University of Vermont
- Submitted By:
- Kara Lenorovitz
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Postcard sent in 1913. Postcard style does not date earlier than 1907.
- Times viewed: