You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
View Across Lake Champlain from Burlington
- 1907 - 1908
- The typed caption on this historical hand-colored postcard reads, "Vermont., Across Lake Champlain from Burlington. A road stretches across the foreground of the image with a grassy area on the side closer to the foreground. The roofs of several buildings are visible to the right side of the image, and there are also buildings visible in a small open area on the left side of the image. There are many deciduous trees in the foreground that obstruct our view of exactly what is there, but the previously listed road and structures can be made out through the trees. Lake Champlain is the broad expanse of water at the middle of the image. A long island is visible off to the left of the image with either a smaller island closer to shore or a peninsula extending out into the water from shore. Another island is visible towards the right side of the lake, with a few smaller islands in the background. The Adirondack Mountains of New York are visible on the opposite side of the Lake. The season is possible early fall due to the slight color variation in the leaves.
- 3296 x 2064 pixels; 1232773 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Buildings; Chimneys; Cities and towns; City trees; Commercial buildings; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Elm; Forests and Plants; Geology; Human Constructs; Islands; Kames; Landforms; Landscapes; Living Things; Mountains; Nature; Roads; Roads,Paved; Season; Streets; Summer; Time; Trees; Wood poles; Wooden-frame buildings;
- Nancy Hayes
- Submitted By:
- Jessica Kuonen
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Postcard was sent in 1908. Postcard style does not date earlier than 1907.
- Times viewed: