You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
- 1892 - 1920
- On Back, "Hartford Village from bridge". This image shows a steel/iron bridge crossing a river. The bridge is set on pilings made of rock, possibly located on a bedrock outcrop. Upstream there is a dam in the river creating a waterfall, which appears to be man made. Leading up to the bridge there is a dirt road, which is traverrsed utility lines and fences. On the other side of the bridge the road continues and provides access to six wood framed dwellings. However, closer to the road there appears to be some erosion occurring to the riverbank. Two houses have laundry hanging out to dry. In the background, the hills are partially forested and dominated by conifer trees. Riparian zones are missing significant vegetation, only some small shrubs present. Season summer.
- 2403 x 1410 pixels; 1744548 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Boulders; Bridge approaches; Bridges; Bridges,Iron and steel; Buildings; Chimneys; Conifers; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Earth Materials; Ecosystems; Electric lines--Poles and towers; Erosion; Forests and Plants; Geology; Hills; Human Constructs; Landforms; Living Things; Meadows; Meandering rivers; Nature; Pasture plants; Plants; Riparian plants; Rivers; Roads; Roads,Earth; Roads,Gravel; Scour at bridges; Season; Sediments (Geology); Soil erosion; Stone walls and Fences; Summer; Surface Processes; Time; Trees; Wire fencing; Wood poles; Wooden fences;
- Hartford Historical Society
- Submitted By:
- Corey Coutu
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Bridge constructed in 1892. Tracks on road.
- Times viewed: