You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
- This hand colored photo captures a couple boats pulled up amongst some trees on a sandy beach. The root wads of some of the trees are exposed suggesting erosion. Small waves crash along the shore. The beach in the foreground is fairly open. To the left you can see the far partially wooded shore that looks to be the location of a town. A cluster of buildings the artist has painted red are clustered together. A church steeple stands above. Postage (on back) marked sent 1907.
- 1614 x 1020 pixels; 1736561 bytes
- Original Filename:
- GPS Location:
- 44.500067 N latitude, 73.250166 W longitude
- Beach erosion; Boats and Boating; Buildings; Church buildings; Culture; Culture; Deciduous; Dinghies; Dwellings; Erosion; Forest plants; Forests and Plants; Geology; Human Activity; Human Constructs; Lakes; Landforms; Living Things; Nature; Plants; Recreation; Surface Processes; Trees;
- St. Albans Historical Society
- Submitted By:
- Jens Hilke
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Hobart J. Shanley and Company of Burlington, Vermont
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Postcard sent in 1907. Postcard style does not predate 1907.
- Times viewed: