Title:
Forest Dale Ironworks
Town:
Brandon
County:
Rutland
State:
Vermont
Date:
2000
Description:
This is a color photograph of a sign that marks the sign of the Forest Dale Ironworks. The sign explains that iron working began at the site in 1810. In the 1854 the Green Mountain Iron Company acquired the facility to produce parlor stoves. The site eventually closed in the 1865. Below this plaque is a second sign the states that no camping and no motorized vehicles are allowed on the sight. The signs are situated on a grassy and slightly forested landscape.
Filename:
LS26896_000.jpg
Size:
2320 x 3536 pixels; 7792462 bytes
Original Filename:
BH_MS_5_29_0011.jpg
Original Metadata:
Brandon Spring 2000
Keywords:
Buildings; Conifers; Culture; Deciduous; Forests and Plants; Human Activity; Human Constructs; Iron mines and mining; Living Things; Mines and mineral resources; Monuments; Nature; Trees; Work;
Source:
Special Collections, Bailey/Howe Library, University of Vermont
Photographer:
Ralph Orth
Submitted By:
Caroline Rush
Submitted On:
2009-07-23
Original Media:
Photograph
Scanning/Digitization/Creation Notes:
MacBook Pro CanoScan LiDE 90
Image Scanned By:
Morgan Stewart
Catalogue Information:
Ralph H. Orth
Relative Dating Rationale:
Original Metadata
Times viewed:
1420
Landscape Change Menu New Breed Marketing New Breed Marketing University of Vermont University of Vermont The National Endowment for the Humanities National Science Foundation Linthilac Foundation