You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
After the 1875 Fire in Middlebury
- This stereoscopic photograph shows a scene in Middlebury, Vermont after the fire that took place on September 11, 1875. A great crowd of people stands at the center of the image, standing near what appears to be a stone foundation for a building that is no longer present. In the foreground a man stands at the base of the remains from a stone building. A dirt road runs between the man and the crowd of people. A brick building is visible to the right side of the image, while deciduous trees are also noticeable in the far distance. All image rights reserved to Henry Sheldon Museum, www.henrysheldonmuseum.org.
- 8288 x 4044 pixels; 19295497 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Original Metadata:
- Middlebury, Vt, After the Fire of Sept 11, 1875. O.C. Barnes 'Photographer' Stereoscopic Views, Large Pictures in Ink and colors. Frames &C. Middlebury, VT.
- Building,Brick; Buildings; Cities and towns; Culture; Deciduous; Fires; Forests and Plants; Human Constructs; Landscapes; Living Things; Men; Nature; People; Roads; Roads,Earth; Stone buildings; Surface Processes; Trees; Women;
- Henry Sheldon Museum
- Submitted By:
- Katherine Zephir
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Scanning/Digitization/Creation Notes:
- MacBook OSX Version 10.5.2 CanoScan LiDE 90
- Image Scanned By:
- John William Meyer
- Catalogue Information:
- 1961.8.81--Photographs, Stereoviews Box 1 4H7
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Information given: taken after the fire of Sept 1875.
- Times viewed: