Bird's Eye View
- 1898 - 1906
- Handcolored postcard is a a view of the valley with homes and open fields. All the houses have been given red roofs which is most likely an error. The hills in the distance are partially forested. Title on card reads, "Bird's Eye View of Barton, Vt., made in Germany, 13974." Card reads, "Dear Ethel, I have been looking for a letter for along time. I hope you are well. We have had a lovely winter but it is pretty cold now. Have a sore hand, got kicked by a horse Saturday morning. Edna runs all around. Love, Alice." Sent from South Albany, Vermont, on March 5, 1906.
- 1610 x 1034 pixels; 885961 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Human Constructs; Buildings; Cities and towns; Culture; Dwellings; Geology; Human Constructs; Landforms; Landscapes; Nature; Pastures
- Ted Alexander Postcard Collection, Old Stone House Museum
- Submitted By:
- Jehanna Howe
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Postcard sent in 1906. Postcard style dates no earlier than 1898.
- Times viewed: