You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
- 1898 - 1907
- This photo captures a view of the Burlington boat landing looking southwest from Depot St. You can see the dirt street in the foreground. Many buildings and small outbuildings stand in the boatyard. Several smokestacks spew smoke. A few deciduous trees and shrubs stand in the foreground. In the background you can see some low forested hills. The hand-written caption in upper right reads "Suppose you are having a fine time. Received your cards ?? OK and enjoyed your letter very much". Writing in the bottom left is hard to make out. Note the lumber stacked in the boatyard. Postage (on back) marked sent 1907.
- 1546 x 1006 pixels; 1701541 bytes
- Original Filename:
- GPS Location:
- UTM Zone T 18, 4926883 E, 641467 N
- Buildings; Business; Boat; Boathouses; Boating industry; Boats and Boating; Boatyards; Buildings; Cities and towns; City trees; Culture; Culture; Deciduous; Forests and Plants; Geology; Hills; Human Activity; Human Constructs; Industrial buildings; Lakes; Landforms; Landscapes; Living Things; Nature; Outbuildings; Plants; Recreation; Recreation; Human Activities; Roads; Roads,Earth; Shorelines; Shrubs; Trees;
- St. Albans Historical Society
- Submitted By:
- Jens Hilke
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Postcard was sent in 1907. Postcard style does not date earlier than 1898.
- Times viewed: