You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
Bridge and Railcars
- 1870 - 1927
- This historic photograph shows a part of section of Gaysville before 1927. A stonewall is located in the lower portion of the image that may reinforce the sides of a river channel. To the left of the image, the stonewalls extend up the cliff face where a covered bridge and large industrial building or railroad station are located. Thick vegetation surrounds the channel. In the area behind the channel there is a tall, square, brick tower to the right, and a series of railcars on a railroad track. Past the railroad track is a street with residential houses. There are mountains in the background with some houses scattered throughout the higher ground. The heavy vegetation suggests a summer season.
- 3867 x 2522 pixels; 1664444 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Bridges; Bridges,Wooden; Buildings; Business; Chimneys; City trees; Commercial buildings; Covered Bridges; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Electric lines--Poles and towers; Footbridges; Forest plants; Forests and Plants; Geology; Human Activity; Human Constructs; Landforms; Landscapes; Living Things; Locomotives; Mountains; Nature; Plants; Public buildings; Railroad stations; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Railroads--Trains; Rural; Season; Stone walls; Stone walls and Fences; Summer; Time; Transportation; Transportation buildings; Trees; Wood poles; Wooden-frame buildings; Work;
- Belcher Memorial Library
- Submitted By:
- Jessica Kuonen
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Architecture. Photograph taken before 1927 flood.
- Times viewed: