You searched for: all images in the database. Here are the results:
Black River With Kidder Hill in the Distance
- A caption at the bottom of the historic image reads, "Black River with Kidder Hill in distance, Irasburg, Vt." The photograph gives a view of the Black River Valley from a nearby hill. There is an open, grassy field in the foreground of the image. The riparian zone is mostly bare, with some trees. There is a house in the left middle ground of the photograph. A covered, wooden bridge passes over the meandering river. Open fields dominate the landscape in the middle ground of the image. There are more houses and farm buildings in the background of the image. The landscape in the background of the photograph is mountainous.
- 1251 x 970 pixels; 96955 bytes
- Original Filename:
- Bridges; Bridges,Wooden; Buildings; Conifers; Covered Bridges; Culture; Deciduous; Dwellings; Farm buildings; Floodplains; Forests and Plants; Geology; Grassland plants; Hills; Human Constructs; Landforms; Landscapes; Living Things; Meandering rivers; Mountains; Nature; Pasture plants; Pastures; Plants; Riparian plants; Rivers; Roads; Rural; Rural roads; Terraces (Geology); Trees;
- Special Collections, Bailey/Howe Library, University of Vermont
- Submitted By:
- Submitted On:
- Original Media:
- Relative Dating Rationale:
- Postcard mailed in 1907. Postcard style does not date earlier than 1907.
- Times viewed: