This cement bridge replaced the double covered bridge on Pearl St., Johnson that had been washed out by the Flood of 1927. The two buildings in the picture, the Town Hall directly behind the bridge and the Red Mill to the right of the bridge, currently belong to the Vermont Studio School. This photograph shows utility lines and street lights. Several vehicles are parked in a parking lot beyond the bridge. Multiple leafless trees are visible and the tree in the lower right corner of the image is just beginning to bud. In the background a forested hillside can be seen. The bridge is crumbling. The river is running clear.
2048 x 1536 pixels; 718704 bytes
44.63588 N latitude, 72.67843 W longitude Datum: WGS84