This hand-colored postcard looks southwest over the White River toward the village of South Royalton. The image was taken from a hill that rises on the near side of the river. A road enters the lower right corner of the image and passes through a covered bridge over the White River. The village, a collection of dwellings, churches, and businesses, is clustered on the far side of the river. Deciduous trees and shrubs grow along the river banks. Hills rise across the background on the far side of the river. A caption at the top of the historic image reads, "The Old Wooden Bridge, So. Royalton, Vt." The season appears to be summer. Ralph G. Eddy writes: The covered bridge was replaced in 1903. There are very well-defined river terraces in the background.