Chevron and Calso
Standard Oil of California emerged in 1911 upon the breakup of the Standard Oil Company and trademarked the Chevron name and the three-bar chevron logo.
During WWII, the company adopted the "winged V" logo to symbolize victory.
Originally, Chevron remained local to the western United States. In 1946, the company adopted the Calso name for the northeastern market, including Vermont, using the red and white station design seen below.
In 1955, Chevron adopted its hallmark red, white, and blue logo.
In 1958, all Calso stations in the Northeast were converted to Chevron stations, using the logo designs developed for the Chevron market in 1955, as seen below.
In 1969, the company developed a new logo consisting of two bold red and blue stripes topped with the Chevron name.