Although no suspension bridges are currently in use on Vermont's roads and railroads, at least three notable suspension bridges were constructed in the state in the late 19th century and early 20th centuries.
Bancroft Falls Bridge
A suspension bridge spanning the Missisquoi River was erected in Sheldon in 1888. The bridge was replaced after the 1927 flood.
A suspension bridge connecting Brattleboro, Vermont, and Chesterfield, New Hampshire, was dedicated in 1889. The bridge was destroyed during the 1936 flood.
Proctor's Sutherland Falls Bridge
A more unusual suspension bridge was erected over the Otter Creek in Proctor, Vermont, to carry pipeline of slurry away from the mills of the Proctor Marble Company. The bridge was likely built around 1900 and spanned only 121 feet. The bridge was destroyed in the 1990s.
Many Vermont towns have erected small suspension bridges as pedestrian crossings.