What you need to know about using these images.
These images belong to a variety of organizations. When searching for photos, you'll see that the organization who owns or holds the photo is listed under each image beside the word "Source". Rights to these images are strictly protected. Whether you're printing an image or using it in a digital form (shown on a screen) the image still belongs to the source organization. Please respect their rights to these images. Please contact the source organization to use these images. For any photo that has a source other than those posted on this page, please contact the Landscape Change Program For EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES these images may be displayed and used as a learning tool and field copies can be printed in the course of rephotographing the historic images.
Include the URL (the web address of the image) when you email or write. Simply copy the address that's listed in your browser window when you're displaying the photo you'd like to use. At the end of the URL (the web address) is the LS#####. That's a unique identifier that we use to track images.
If you're interested in several photos list the LS##s when emailing.
Where to get permission to use photos.
- Cambridge Historical Society
PO Box 16,
Cambridge, VT 05464 802-644-2678 or 802-644-2942
- Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium 1302 Main Street St. Johnsbury, Vermont 05819 802.748.2372
- Fleming Museum 61 Colchester Avenue University of Vermont Burlington, Vermont 05405
- Greensboro Historical Society P.O. Box 151, Greensboro, VT 05841
- Highland Lodge
- Hartford Historical Society
Pat Stark, Lister White River Junction, VT E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jericho Historical Society P.O. Box 35 Jericho, VT. 05465
- Library of Congress Note that the Panoramas on our site are only screen resolution copies of what's on the Library of Congress Panorama Collection. Please visit their Copyright Pages at the following address Library of Congress Memory Network Panoramas COPYRIGHT
- Old Stone House
Museum-Orleans County Historical Society Old Stone House Museum Old Stone House Road, Brownington, VT 28 Old Stone House Road, Brownington, VT 05860 Web Site:http://www.oldstonehousemuseum.org 802-754-2022
- St. Albans Historical Society
Museum, Corner Church and Bishop Streets, St. Albans, VT P.O. Box 722
St. Albans, VT 05478 802-527-7933
- Shelburne Farms
Archive Shelburne Farms 60 Harbor Road
Shelburne, VT 05 Web Site: http://www.shelburnefarms.org/
- Underhill Historical Society
28 Range Road
Underhill, VT 05489
- University of Vermont Special Collections
Bailey Howe Library
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05401
- Vermont Historical Society 60 Washington Street Barre, VT 05641 (802) 479-8500
- Vermont State Archives Montpelier, VT 05602 802-828-2308