Configuring UVM Wireless on Macintosh OS X 10.5 Leopard & 10.6 Snow Leopard
Make sure you have the latest software updates available for your version of Mac OS. Click the Apple menu in the upper left hand corner of the desktop and choose About This Mac:
If you need to update, connected to a wired network and click the Software Update button to download the latest version of OS X for your computer.
- The Easy Way (Using the UVM Wireless Network Setup Utility)
- The Hard Way (Run the 10-step manual configuration)
- Download and run the UVM Wireless Network Setup Utility for OS X 10.5/10.6:
- At this point, you will either be connected to the UVM wireless network (if you entered your NetID and password during the install) or prompted to enter your UVM NetID and password (if you chose to skip those steps as part of the installer).
You must be on-campus and in range of a UVM wireless access point to follow these steps.
- Select "UVM" from your AirPort menu:
- When prompted to "Verify Certificate", click "Show Certificate":
- Highlight the "radius.uvm.edu" line item, if it's not already selected. Note the green checkmark under "radius.uvm.edu" that says "This certificate is valid".
- Click "Details" to expand the window:
- Scroll to the "Fingerprints" section at the bottom, and verify that the "SHA1" value reads as follows:
D7 70 1A D1 06 BF A5 2C E5 E4 32 EC 68 18 51 57 59 61 DA 64
- If it does, check the box near the top labeled "Always trust 'radius.uvm.edu'":
- Click "Continue".
- You will be prompted by "eaptlstrust" to enter your credentials. Note that this requires your local machine account username and password, which may be different from your NetID and Password!
- You will now be prompted for "802.1X Authentication". Please enter your UVM NetID and NetID Password here:
- Click "OK".
Note that it may take up to fifteen seconds to establish full network connectivity after clicking "OK".
Last modified August 23 2011 02:21 PM