General UVM Enterprise Wireless Configuration Information
This generic information applies across all clients. Note that you may not need to specify all configuration options, depending upon the client OS. See links at left for specific client configs.
- Wireless (WLAN) SSID: UVM
- Wireless Protocol: WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication Method: 802.1X with PEAP/MS-CHAPv2; "outer protocol PEAP, inner protocol MS-CHAPv2"
- Wireless Encryption: AES; also known as "AES-CCMP"
- SSL Certificate:
Issued to/Common Name: radius.uvm.edu
Issued By/Issuer: GeoTrust Inc.
You must trust this certificate when prompted. Also, verify that the certificate presented has one of the following two fingerprints:
SHA1: D7 70 1A D1 06 BF A5 2C E5 E4 32 EC 68 18 51 57 59 61 DA 64
MD5: ED D8 25 B2 BF 72 9F C0 C4 AE 59 D3 55 29 27 FB
- Username: [your UVM NetID]
- Password: [your NetID password]
Last modified July 25 2011 04:00 PM