Computers at UVM
Buying a computer? Visit the Depot!
UVM's Computer Depot provides sales and service of popular Apple and Dell computers. Take advantage of Back-To-School savings and educational discounts not available anywhere else!
Have a computer?
Try the UVM Tech Team -
- Submit a request for help.
- Call the UVM Helpline at (802) 656-2604.
- Take your computer to the Carry-In Center located on the first floor of the Ira Allen Chapel, room I-117 (starting May 24, 2016; the second floor location in the Davis Student Center will be open through May 20, closed Monday, May 23).
Connect to our network:
- In Your Room
Most computers you buy from the Computer Depot come with built-in Ethernet*. There are two network jacks in every residence hall room, which are turned on and ready to go - presto! You will need to register to use the campus network by visiting web address netreg.uvm.edu. If you'll be living in a triple and you all have computers, you can pick up a minihub from your Main Desk on or after move-in day.
* See product specs for those models which are Wi-Fi only. To be able to connect to the wired network (for speed, higher bandwidth), you would need an Ethernet adapter, also available through the Computer Depot.
- Mobile Computers - Wired Access
If you have a mobile computer with wired network capability, there are Ethernet jacks available in many other public locations on campus, including many computer labs, the Bailey-Howe Library and CyberCafe, the Waterman Cafe and some classrooms and residence hall lounges.
- "UVM" — UVM's Wi-Fi Network:
Laptop computers purchased through the Computer Depot come ready to connect to our on-campus Wi-Fi network. If you're bringing any other laptop or Wi-Fi device with you, you'll need to setup a connection to our Wi-Fi network. For more information, read this.
- Is your computer ready for life at UVM?
You may be all set, but what can you do to prepare your computer for UVM? Find out here!
Find a Computer Lab
For a list of computer labs, look here!
Last modified May 17 2016 02:48 PM