The University of Vermont participates in a number of technology licensing programs in order to provide wide access to important tools in cost-effective ways. Below are the major campus-wide programs for operating system and office productivity software:
- Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES)
Yearly license of several Microsoft products for use on UVM computers, including Microsoft Office and Windows OS upgrades.
- Microsoft Select Agreement
Departments may purchase licenses for products not included in the EES program.
The following scientific and research applications are licensed for use on University-owned computers:
- EndNote - Available from the UVM Software Archive.
- Mathematica - Available from the UVM Software Archive.
- Arc-Info, Arc-GIS, Arc-View
- various quantitative and qualitative statistical software packages
In addition, the following software packages are licensed for use by the entire UVM Community. All of these programs can be obtained from the UVM Software Archive:
- calendar software (faculty and staff only)
- antivirus software
- SSH/SFTP terminal and file transfer software
Last modified November 11 2016 10:25 AM