The University of Vermont participates in a number of technology licensing programs in order to provide wide access to important tools in cost-effective ways. Below are the major campus-wide programs for operating system and office productivity software:
- Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions
Yearly license of several Microsoft products for UVM faculty and staff, including Office and Windows.
- Microsoft Select Agreement
Perpetually-licensed (you buy it, you own it), low-cost solution for students for faculty/staff personal purchases.
- Lotus Total Campus Option
Provides Lotus SmartSuite software to all UVM Affiliates for a nominal cost. Media available though the Computer Depot.
The following scientific and research applications are licensed for use on University-owned computers:
- EndNote - Available from the UVM Software Archive.
- Mathematica - Available from the UVM Software Archive.
- Arc-Info, Arc-GIS, Arc-View
- various quantitative and qualitative statistical software packages
In addition, the following software packages are licensed for use by the entire UVM Community. All of these programs can be obtained from the UVM Software Archive:
- calendar software (faculty and staff only)
- antivirus software
- SSH/SFTP terminal and file transfer software
Last modified December 17 2012 02:48 PM