Where Can I Get Software?
Current UVM students, faculty, and staff have access to our UVM Software Download Site.
This page contains links to most free or site-licensed and
ETS-supported software installer packages. Additional
installation and configuration documentation links are provided on that
site. Owing to distribution and licensing
issues, not all software packages can be made available in the download
library. For information on these and other volume-licensed
applications, see the
UVM Software Licensing
staff are eligible to use popular Microsoft software at little or
no charge to their departments.The Microsoft Campus
Agreement program provides
releases of Windows, Office, and other software for all
University-owned computers at no charge,
inexpensively for faculty and staff working at home. And students
with substantial discounts through the Microsoft
Please refer to our list of recommended and supported software when planning for software purchases. Most recommended software may be purchased from the UVM Bookstore or the Computer Depot at special educational prices.
Computing software support standards for UVM are established by the IT Standards Committee.
Software Support Resources
- UVM Help Line
- Support for ETS-recommended software is available though the ETS Help Line. Help Line staff members will attempt to answer your questions over the telephone. For more complex problems, they will create a "problem ticket", and the issue will be assigned to a higher-level support staff member.
- CTL Doctor Is In Program
- The Center for Teaching and Learning provides one-on-one support for faculty in the use of classroom technologies. Help is available by appointment or during scheduled hours.
- Business School Computing Help
- The School of Business has computer requirements and services which differ from the UVM standard. This site details those differences and provides help resources.
- Medical School Information Systems
- The College of Medicine hosts their own Information Systems department. Questions regarding software and services provided by the College of Medicine should be directed to their help desk at 656-7300
Other Software Resources
An unfortunate necessity for computer usage on the Internet today is anti-virus software. New viruses appear daily. Some of these viruses are common enough to warrant special attention and documentation. Virus protection software is licensed by, and available from, ETS for your use at UVM. Don't lose valuable information and hard work by not having the latest protection software.
Last modified November 18 2011 04:26 PM