What is lynda.com?
lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, lynda.com is a high-quality resource for faculty, staff, and other UVM employees looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, social media, and a wide range of other topics.
How can I access lynda.com at UVM?
ETS is offering Staff, Faculty, and other UVM Employees complimentary access to the entire lynda.com course library.Click here to login to lynda.com
Where should I start?
View the How to use lynda.com course to learn how to find, access, and view lynda.com tutorials.
What are some relevant lynda.com courses?
With the upcoming transition to Microsoft Exchange for campus email and calendar services, we highly recommend these courses. They cover the latest versions both Windows and Mac Outlook clients, web client (OWA) and various tips, tricks and management techniques.
- Outlook on the Web (OWA) 2016 is not yet available.
- Learn Outlook 2016: The Basics (PC)
- Learn Outlook for Mac 2016: The Basics (Mac)
- Outlook 2016 Essential Training (PC)
- Outlook for Mac 2016 Essential Training (Mac)
- Outlook 2016: Advanced Tips and Tricks (PC)
- Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 (PC)
- Time Management with Outlook 2016 Calendar and Tasks (PC)
- Time Management with Outlook for Mac 2016 Calendar and Tasks (Mac)
How can lynda.com support me?
- Keeps you current on technology
- Tracks your individual training progress
- Inspires you to be more effective and productive
- Lets you learn at your own pace—anytime, anywhere
- Supplements curricula and teaches technical skills outside of class
- Provides certificates of completion you can post on LinkedIn
- Offers personal and professional development
How can I get the most out of lynda.com?
- Set aside time every week for online training
- Visit lynda.com regularly for a listing of new and updated courses
- Watch the welcome video of a course to check out its training content
- Use bookmarks to indicate favorite videos or courses
- Create and share course playlists
- Download exercise files and practice applying knowledge as you go
- Subscribe to the lynda.com blog RSS feed and newsletter, and follow lynda.com on Twitter and Facebook
How can I get help?
If you are having difficulty authenticating, please contact the UVM Tech Team first at (802) 656-2604.
lynda.com Customer Service can be reached at email@example.com or 1 (805) 477-3900.