Windows Mobile Wireless
Wireless access with handheld devices is not guaranteed to work on campus. There is only one VPN that has been tested and works with the Cat's PAWS wireless network. You can download a trial version of the Bluefire VPN from www.bluefiresecurity.com.
Unfortunately this VPN client is only available for Pocket PC handheld devices and the Treo 650, but there really is no need to use a VPN client on a Treo at this time. Check out the Treo page for more info on setting up and using a Treo.
Installing BlueFire VPN
- Make sure your Pocket PC is connected to your computer through the cable or cradle and run the VPN installer you downloaded.
- When the installer is finished, download this file, PolicyStoreEx.xml to your desktop. (You'll need to Right Click on it and choose "Save Target...")
- With your PocketPC still connected to your computer, open the ActiveSync window and click the Explore button.
- Drag the PolicyStoreEx.xml file you downloaded into the window you just opened.
- Disconnect your Pocket PC from your computer and start the Bluefire VPN.
- Click the Tools menu at the bottom of the screen and choose "Import Secure Connections"
- Click on PolicyStoreEx.xml at the next window and it will load the settings. Unfortunately it does not import the Group Password, so you will need to contact ....[someone]
Last modified January 21 2009 12:25 PM