Windows Mobile Setup
This information is to assist you in the initial setup of your new Palm or Pocket PC. Your device also should have come with instructions for basic setup. If you have them, you may want to follow those steps then skip directly to "Configuring Oracle Sync."
The FIRST step for any new, out-of-the-box handheld is to fully charge it. This takes a good two to four hours. Make sure to give it ample time to do so before attempting any of these steps.
Setting up your Pocket PC with ActiveSync (Windows only):
- You must have Microsoft Outlook installed for your PPC to sync with your computer.
- Insert the CD that came with your Pocket PC, OR -->(see #3)
- Download ActiveSync from www.microsoft.com/downloads.
- Run "MSASYNC.EXE"
- Click Next until it installs.
- Connect the Handheld to the PC with the USB cable.
- Now you have to set up a Partnership for your handheld and the PC:
- Click Next with "Standard Partnership" selected.
- Click Next with "Synchronize with this desktop" selected.
- Choose what items you want to sync and click Next (if you don't know, or don't care, just click Next).
- Click Finish, and it will do it's first Sync.
Last modified January 21 2009 12:08 PM