Windows Mobile Calendar
The Oracle Calendar Sync utility for Palm or PocketPC synchronizes your handheld's Date Book with your Oracle Calendar account on our Oracle server, so you must have an internet connection for this to work.
You must install the Oracle Calendar client version 10 before you are able to install the Oracle Calendar Sync version 10. If you're not sure what version you have, start up Oracle Calendar and BEFORE YOU LOG IN check the login screen for the version number. It should be written in small text near the bottom of the window. If you have version 9 or lower, the version number will be written to the left of title on the login screen. Please uninstall it and download the new version from www.uvm.edu/software. You can find instructions for installing the Calendar client at www.uvm.edu/cit/calendar.
Once you've installed the Oracle Calendar Sync utility your Handheld will no longer sync its date book with Palm Desktop or Outlook. All the other conduits will stay as they are.
You must have gone through the basic setup of your device before configuring it to sync with your Oracle account.
Setting up your Pocket PC to sync with Oracle Calendar (Windows only):
- Download the Oracle Sync for Pocket PC utility from www.uvm.edu/software.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the install.
- Click Next until it begins the install. Just accept all the default settings.
- At some point, a window will pop up telling you it's going to install files to your Pocket PC. Just click OK.
- Finally, at the very end a Synchronization Settings window will pop up.
- Input your NetID and password into the required fields.
- Input "calendar.uvm.edu" in the box under "Server"
- Input "10000" in the box under "Node"
- Click OK on the Settings window, and Finish on the install window (if you haven't already).
- Now we need to make sure the Pocket PC syncs with Oracle. Take the handheld out of the cradle, then double-click the ActiveSync icon in the system tray (next to the clock in the lower right corner)
- Go to the File menu and click Delete Partnership. Click Yes when it asks if you're sure.
- Now put the Pocket PC back in it's cradle (or connect the cable if you don't have a cradle). A window will pop up to set up the new partnership.
- Click Next with "Standard Partnership" selected.
- Click Next with "Synchronize with this desktop computer" selected.
- Click Next with "Yes, I want to synchronize with only this computer" selected.
- In this window change the option for Calendar to Oracle Calendar. You can change the Tasks too, if you want. Just make sure you leave Contacts set to Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Next at this window. You can choose other items to sync, if you choose.
- Click Finish.
- It should now sync. You may have to remove the handheld and put it back to get it to sync your Oracle Calendar. If it still won't do it, you may have to right-click on Calendar in the ActiveSync window and choose "Synchronize Selection"
Last modified January 21 2009 12:17 PM