In order to offer educational discounts, the University has contracted with major computer vendors, and we must abide by limitations specified by the vendors. Therefore, educational pricing is necessarily restricted to UVM affiliates.
The following are considered affiliates of UVM and are eligible to purchase computers through the Depot:
- Full-time and part-time students enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
- Entering students who have graduated from high school, been accepted, signed a letter of intent to enroll, and submitted a non-refundable deposit or payment to UVM.
- Faculty or staff who are directly associated with the academic mission of the University, are not temporary, employed as a contractor, or acting as a consultant on behalf on the Institution.
- Medical residents who are on file with the Office of Graduate Medical Education.
- Clinical, adjunct, and emeritus faculty as well as retired permanent staff can also purchase under our contracts provided the ownership of the computer will benefit the instructional development of the University.
What about service?
The Depot's primary mission is to the UVM community. Therefore, we only provide service to UVM affiliates. Non-affiliates must locate service providers in their local communities. Models currently serviced.
Last modified November 15 2012 05:18 PM