About the UVM Computer Depot
The mission of the Computer Depot is to provide tools for the educational, research and service processes by serving as the resale administrator of personal computer hardware contracts for the University of Vermont. To this end we will provide the ongoing service and hardware support necessary to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at the best value possible.
Our Contact Info
|email@example.com||(802) 656-3067||(802) 656-8148||200 Davis Center|
Hardware Sales and Service
The Computer Depot is probably best known as UVM's campus store for personal computers.
Through the computer resale program, we have offered sales, services, and support of personal computers on campus since 1985. We currently offer a variety of laptops, desktops, software, and accessories at reduced educational prices. Computer products from Apple and Dell are available through the Depot, and come with the most comprehensive support UVM provides. As the administrator of the University's contracts with computer vendors, the Depot is bound to certain guidelines concerning eligibility of purchasers.
- Pre and post sales hardware consulting
- ETS site-licensed software installation* at the time of your computer purchase
- Pre and post sales ETS-supported software consulting in collaboration with ETS's Client Services
- Departmental needs assessment -- if you need assistance determining what products and services best meet your needs
* - Microsoft Office for students is not pre-installed due to licensing constraints. Computers sold to staff and faculty for personal use have only manufacturer-installed software.
...and for a nominal fee:
- Application software installation for software not available via site license
The Depot works with the manufacturers mentioned above to provide on-campus repairs via UVM's Client Services department. For specific information about warranties and drop-off or on-site service, call 656-2939 or send us e-mail.
Last modified November 15 2012 05:18 PM