Term of Coverage:The term of warranty coverage will vary depending on equipment manufacturer; consult the receipt and warranty statement from the manufacturer that has been provided with each piece of equipment.
- Scope: For the term of the warranty coverage, the University's Client Services hardware team can provide repair service, including parts and labor, necessitated by the malfunction of your computer equipment subject to the terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions stipulated herein and in the warranty statement of each product.
Please note: neither the Computer Depot nor Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) provide your hardware warranty -- the manufacturer does. The Depot and ETS provide you with service and support under the terms of the hardware warranty. Your rights under the warranty may vary by state or province. Please see the links below for warranty information from the manufacturers of the products The Depot sells.
- Place of Service: Repair service will be provided at the Computer Depot in room 200 Davis Center (carry-in), unless special provisions have been made for University-owned machines. Transportation of equipment to and from the Computer Depot is the responsibility of the owner for carry-in service; pick-up and delivery will be considered "on-site" service, and the appropriate labor rate will apply for service that is not covered under the manufacturers' warranties.
- Exclusions: The following conditions are excluded from coverage under most standard warranties:
- Preventive maintenance, which is service performed for the purpose of preventing a malfunction.
- Repair of damaged or malfunctioning equipment resulting from abuse, accident*, neglect or other cause other than normal usage, whether or not the damage of malfunction was inflicted by the owner. (* - Accidental damage coverage is determined by an accidental damage protection plan's terms and conditions; see the info on Dell's CompleteCare page).
- Failure or malfunctioning of equipment which results from attachment to or installation of equipment which is not covered by the equipment's original warranty.
Please see our main Service Page for the models we currently service.
Manufacturers' extended warranties are available for purchase for Apple and Dell computers. Typically, extended warranties must be purchased prior to the expiration of the original warranty. The Depot does not offer its own service contracts. Without such coverage beyond the original warranty period, service will be performed on a time and materials basis.