Services offered and administrated by Enterprise Technology Services (ETS)
Help and Support Services
Telephone Computer Support Services
- The UVM Computing Helpline offers free help over the telephone to university students, staff and faculty for university-supported hardware and software. The Helpline is staffed primarily by student employees and managed by the Client Services department.
Walk-In Computer Support Services
- The Computer Depot Clinic, located at the Computer Depot, offers free* in-person help to university students for university-supported hardware and software. The CDC is staffed primarily by student employees and managed by the Client Services department.
* Service fees are waived for most services when the visiting student is involved with the CDC technicians in implementing the solution(s) required to fix their computer. Visitors to the CDC must be present during support; the CDC is not a drop-off service.
By-Appointment Computer Support Services
- By-appointment meetings with a support technician can be scheduled by submitting a FootPrints ticket. FootPrints tickets are monitored by the Computing Helpline staff and are escalted as needed to the various ETS departments.
Executive Support Services
- ETS provides emergency 24/7/365 on-call support for the President's Office, Provost's Office, Office of the General Counsel, Office of the Vice President for Finance & Administration, Office of Federal, State and Community Relations, Board of Trustees and other UVM executive groups. This service is managed, staffed and monitored by employees of the Client Services department.