Services offered and administrated by Enterprise Technology Services (ETS)
Server and Infrastructure Services
Server and Infrastructure services are the purview of the ETS Systems Administration and Architecture department.
Web Utility Interface Services
- NetID and account management tools
- File Transfer Utility
- RightFax online faxing
- UVM blogging
- PHP architectural redirection control
- Calendar server and software: for shared electronic scheduling and calendaring (faculty and staff only)
Unix Server Services
- zoo.uvm.edu: Many computing services at UVM are provided by a cluster of UNIX-based systems known as "Zoo". The many services hosted by Zoo include: Email, file storage, SFTP services, programming environments, statistical software, mathematical software, and GIS applications programs.
Microsoft Active Directory Services
- The Active Directory infrastructure manages Windows computer environments and backup services for all computers joined to the CAMPUS domain.
File Backup Services
Streaming Media Services
- Streaming Media Servers: Serve and view streaming audio and video via the web using QuickTime or RealPlayer
- Most of the university's administrative application services rely on large and complex databases behind the scenes to store their information. Student class, grade, and housing information systems, financial information systems, research and grant proposal information systems, calendar and event planning systems, facilities management systems, and many more are maintained by the ETS Database Administration department in concert with Systems Administration and Architecture.
- MySQL Database Server: UVM's central UNIX servers provide MySQL support for UVM Web developers wishing to integrate database functionality or other dynamic content to their site. MySQL is a fast, robust, Open Source, relational database management system.
Academic System Services
- Blackboard Online Learning System: Blackboard is UVM's main online course management/eLearning platform.
- ETS employees are on-call 24/7/365 to ensure UVM's servers and infrastructure are up and running at all hours of the day throughout the year.