Human Subjects Research - Institutional Review Boards - IRBs
Federalwide Assurance (FWA) and IRB Registration
An Assurance is the documentation of institutional commitment to comply with Federal regulations and maintain adequate programs and procedures for the protection of human participants. This is the principal mechanism for compliance oversight by the Office for Human Research Protections. The University of Vermont Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) which serve the University of Vermont and Fletcher Allen Health Care are organized and operate in compliance with the US Department of Health and Human Services and the Food and Drug Administration regulations.
Federalwide Assurance Information
- University of Vermont's FWA Number FWA00000723
- Fletcher Allen Health Care's FWA Number FWA00000727
- The expiration date for these assurances changes frequently. If you need the expiration date, please visit http://ohrp.cit.nih.gov/search/fwasearch.aspx?styp=bsc, enter the appicable FWA Number listed above, and click "Search".
- The Terms that apply for both FWAs are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/assurances/assurances/filasurt.html under "A. Terms of the Federalwide Assurance for Institutions Within the United States"
The IRBs that serve the two institutions are registered to the University of Vermont and State Agricultural College (IORG 0000289) with the Department of Health & Human Services. Registration numbers for the IRBs are:
- IRB00000485 (IRB #1 - Biomedical I IRB - OHRP/FDA)
- IRB00000486 (IRB #2 - Behavioral IRB - OHRP)
- IRB00000487 (IRB #3 - Biomedical II IRB - OHRP/FDA)
- Expiration dates for the IRB registrations are available at http://ohrp.cit.nih.gov/search/
Last modified February 06 2014 08:40 AM