Institutional Biosafety Committee - IBC
IBC Forms Library
- Meetings are generally on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 3:30 pm
- Meetings generally take place in 427A Waterman Building
Biological Review Requirements
- All new protocols must be reviewed and signed off by the UVM Biological Safety Officer (BSO) prior to submission to the IBC Office.
- Investigators must contact the BSO according to the meeting date chart to allow enough time for a meeting and possible site visit to the lab.
- Send protocol to BSO, Jeff.Labossiere@uvm.edu, in word format so that he may track suggested changes.
- Once reviewed and signed off by the BSO, protocols and any supplemental materials must be converted to pdf format and emailed to the IBC by 4:30 on day of deadline.
- New protocols will not be considered for IBC review until this has been completed and the BSO has signed off on the protocol.
Submission to IBC
- All forms must be emailed to the IBC by 4:30 on day of deadline.
- Electronic signatures on the forms are accepted
- Submit in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manual for Researchers - Biohazardous Materials
|Initial Submission||Last Updated|
The Biological Safety Officer must complete and sign the risk assessment section of the form prior to submission.
|Personnel Roster Form|
As of 8/21/13 this form is no longer necessary as we have placed the roster back into the Protocol Form.
|Standard Operating Procedure|
A Standard Operating Procedure must be submitted for each biohazardous agent listed in sections 2.2 and/or 3.2 in the protocol.
|Continuing Review||Last Updated|
|Continuing Review Form
The continuing review email notices include a current roster for your protocol. You must print, complete the roster by checking who is active and inactive, and attach to the continuing review submission. If you can't find the roster in your email, contact our office and we will provide one. Submissions without the roster will result in delayed review. If you wish to add new personnel, follow instructions in Section 2 of the continuing review form.
If you only have key personnel changes, you must use the "Request for Change to Key Personnel" found below.
|Request for Change to Key Personnel Form|
Any persons working on a BSL2 protocol must complete UVM mandatory safety on-line, and BSL2, in-class training.
|Incident Report Form
Use this form to report to the IBC any incidents (E.g. accidental exposure, spills that may be environmentally dangerous, events requiring any type of medical attention) or any noncompliance with NIH guidelines.
Last modified March 07 2014 04:40 PM