Placing Advertising (for staff positions) Through Graystone Group*
*Graystone is a vendor that can be used by UVM departments to help with advertising placement.
After your position has been posted, you can place advertising.
- Log onto PeopleAdmin (www.uvmjobs.com/hr)
- Click “Active Postings” and find the applicable posting. Under the applicable posting number, click “Get Reports List.”
- Select “Advertising Information” and click “Generate Report.”
- A new browser window will open.
- Create a new e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: University of Vermont Ad Request.
and paste the applicable information from the “Advertising Information”
report into the e-mail. You are required to include the Advertising
Text, List of Publications/Websites for ad placement, Cardholder Name
and Cardholder e-mail (for billing purposes).
- Send the e-mail.
re-advertising, you may wish to edit the ad information. To maintain
the historical record, you should record any ad text changes in the
requisition on PeopleAdmin. Please do not delete any iterations of the
advertising text. Instead enter the new text below the old text in
order to preserve a record of any ad text that previously ran.
will e-mail you a proof of the ad with the date that it will run and the
cost. You can request any edits that you would like. Please record the
dates that the ad ran and the cost in the “For Dept Use Only” field in
the “Advertising Information” section on PeopleAdmin.
- Once the ad is placed, the cardholder will receive an e-mail from Graystone
with a link for billing. Refer to Advertising Billing Instructions.
Note: The Graystone Group assesses a 10% charge
for the coordination of Burlington Free Press ads. This fee does not
apply to the majority of other print and web ad placements.
To Place Advertising Independently
- Determine where you wish to place your ad. A list of potential publications/resources is available on the Advertising Resources page of the HRS website.
- Utilize the “Advertising Information” report to provide information to your chosen vendor.
Return to Advertising Examples