This outline is intended as an introduction to the process of recruitment - or to refresh your memory of it - but should not be relied on as a substitute for reading the entire guide. Each major step is noted.
1. For new positions and existing faculty and staff enter recruitment information on PeopleAdmin.
2. Once the position is posted, applications can be viewed.
3. Extended posting may be requested if the applicant pool is not adequate.
4. Upon approval from Provost, conduct faculty job interviews. Staff positions do not require approval to interview. Administer driver's check if appropriate.
5. Select the top candidate and initiate a Hiring Proposal in PeopleAdmin.
6. For staff positions, complete the Proposed Salary fields in the hiring Proposal with your next supervisory level/Human Resources representative.
7. Route Hiring Proposal to Dean/Director for approval. Dean/Director will approve/route accordingly.
8. When Hiring Proposal status is “Ready for Offer”, make the offer of employment to the candidate selected. A copy of the written offer must be sent to Payroll Records. Schedule new employee for benefits orientation.
9. If the offer is accepted, notify unsuccessful interviewed candidates. Other applicants will receive an update through the UVM Job Site/Electronic Applicant System.
10. Change the Hiring Proposal status from “Ready for Offer” to “Offer Accepted”.
11. Complete Personnel Action Form and Salary Distribution Form and forward to Payroll/Records Office. Employee Information Form, W-4, and Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) will be completed by new employee in Orientation.
12. Maintain paperwork and electronic materials for three years.
© 2009 Human
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT