Staff Reclassification Review—Department User Guide
An outline of the process for the reclassification of a staff position:
- Contact your Dean's office or HRS Representative to obtain a copy of the
current position description. You may download the Position
Description Form (a Microsoft Word document) if you wish to use it to draft a new position description, however, this is not necessary.)
- The reclassification of an existing position is requested through an action in PeopleAdmin.
Start a Reclassify Existing Position (Staff) action. Search for the
appropriate position and click "Start Action" under the appropriate.
- Choose the proposed title from the dropdown list in the Classification Title field and complete all information in the
new action. Complete the Proposed Salary tab in
collaboration with your supervisor and your Human Resource Services
consultant. (This step can be postponed until after the HRS Committtee
has determined the appropriate classification for the position and
notified the Dean's office.)
- Route the completed requisition to your Dean's office.
- Upon approval from your Dean's office, the requisition will be routed
to Human Resource Services for classification review.
- Once the classification and salary have been determined, an HRS
Consultant will return the action to your department for Salary Review and you will receive an automated e-mail.
- Consult the Notes/History and Proposed Salary tabs for information
regarding the classification/salary. Complete or update the Staff
Proposed Salary tab information, and route to Dean/Director for Salary
Review. Contact your Dean's office with any questions.
- Upon approval from
your Dean's office, the action will be routed to HRS for salary
approval. Once approved, you will receive an automated e-mail and,
after consultation with your Dean/Director, you may notify the employee of any change in classification/salary.
- Complete and submit your Personnel Action