Social Media Overview
With a desire to consistently improve communication, UVM's Human Resource Services maintains accounts on Facebook and Twitter. We use these accounts to provide important and timely updates and reminders, and we typically post the same information in both places so that you can choose how you would prefer to receive your news.
If you are new to social media and are thinking about joining us on Twitter or Facebook, here's a brief overview:
In General, HRS Posts:
- Are brief . . . typically one sentence with a link to a web page
- Focus on upcoming events and news for faculty and staff
- Will be sent out at a frequency of about three per week
- Visit www.facebook.com/uvmhrs to see our Facebook page.
- A variety of applications make Facebook accessible by cell phone, but most find it better suited to use on their computer.
- If you do not have a Facebook account you will be able to see our page, but not be able to "Like It."
- If you have a Facebook account, clicking the "Like It" button at the top of our page will cause our posts to show up on your Facebook page. (You can always "Unlike Us" later if you find that the information we send is not helpful to you.)
- Visit www.twitter.com/uvmhrs to see our Twitter page.
- You can access Twitter on your computer, but its strength is its ability to update you by text message wherever you are.
- If you do not have a Twitter account you will be able to see our page, but not be able to "Follow" us.
- If you have a Twitter account, clicking the "Follow" button at the top of our page will place us among those you follow. (Whether our messages are sent to your cell phone or somewhere else is based on your account settings.)
If you have questions about following us on Twitter or Facebook, please e-mail HRSInfo@uvm.edu.