Flu Shot Information for Fall 2012
For the convenience of UVM faculty, staff, retirees and dependents of the same, the University will host several flu shot clinics on campus in October. Special arrangements are provided for those who live and work outside the Burlington area, and for those who choose not to attend the clinics on campus.
Flu shots will be administered on a first come, first served basis. You can save time in line by filling out the paperwork beforehand, but the system requires you to give credit or debit card information—even though UVM Blue Cross and Blue Shield health plan participants will not be charged. If you wish to fill out the paperwork ahead of time, follow the instructions here, otherwise just show up at the clinic with your Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance card and a photo ID. The on-campus clinic schedule is:
- Tuesday, October 23, from 1 PM to 6 PM, Memorial Lounge, Waterman Bldg. 338
- Wednesday, October 24, from 7 AM to 2 PM, Sugar Maple Ballroom, Davis Center 400
- Tuesday, October 30, from 7 AM to 2 PM, Memorial Lounge, Waterman Bldg. 338
- Wednesday, October 31, from noon to 6:00 PM, Livak Ballroom, Davis Center 417
If you are a UVM faculty, staff, retiree or dependent of the same with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont health insurance coverage through UVM, you can visit the Mollen Flu Shot Clinic Locator to find a participating clinic near you.
Simply bring your Blue Cross and Blue Shield health insurance card to the clinic, along with a photo ID. There will be no copay required for anyone covered under the UVM health insurance plan.
Cost and Payment Options
- There is NO COST for individuals with health insurance coverage through UVM. However, you must present your Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance card and another form of ID.
- There MAY BE a cost for individuals who do NOT have UVM health insurance coverage, dependent on what other coverage you may have.
- If you do not have UVM health insurance coverage and must pay for the shot (or a portion thereof), you may pay with either a credit or debit card—cash and checks are NOT accepted. The full price of the shot is $25.
Optional Online Registration
Employees may complete their forms online and register for a particular clinic and time slot, if they so desire. (This is optional, but may save you time in line at the clinic. The downside is that the registration system requires a credit or debit card, even though the CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED if you have Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont health insurance coverage through UVM.)
- Visit the UVM page on the Mollen web site. Enter the password: UVM2012
- Follow the directions on the site in order to register. (For detailed instructions, see our registration process page.) Do not begin registering unless you plan on completely filling out the form and have access to a printer.
- Print out your online registration and bring it with you. (There will be no means of printing your registration at the clinic.) If you forget to bring the printed form, you will be required to fill out the regular paperwork at the clinic.
- Campus flu shot clinics are open to UVM faculty, staff, retirees and dependents of the same. (Children must be over the age of four.)
- While the 2012-2013 flu vaccine contains the same H1N1 virus that was included in the 2011-2012 vaccine, it also includes the H3N2 and B vaccine viruses that are different from those in the 2011-2012 vaccine for the Northern Hemisphere.
- UVM is using Mollen, a nationwide healthcare vendor, to help us manage our flu shot program this year. Mollen has clinics in a variety of locations across the country, and they will ensure that we have sufficient serum and experienced personnel to administer the shots.
For more information on seasonal flu vaccines, see the resources on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.