2013 Retirement Planning Conference: Live Long and Prosper
The University of Vermont is proud to partner with Fidelity Investments and TIAA-CREF to bring you the 2013 Retirement Planning Conference. This week of workshops will impart practical ideas, information and strategies to help you answer key questions:
- How can I maximize the opportunities offered through the Retirement Savings Plan?
- What can I do to become properly invested in my retirement savings portfolio?
- How can I better prepare for the kind of retirement that I am envisioning?
Five Days That Will Change the Way You Think About Retirement
The workshops offered during the Retirement Planning Conference are aimed at helping you to think clearly and act decisively in preparation for your own retirement. Sessions were carefully chosen to speak to the issues that folks are facing, and each one is clearly identified as being specifically designed for one or more groups of faculty and staff:
- Early-Career individuals who are new to saving for retirement
- Mid-Career folks who have been actively saving for a while
- Late-Career faculty and staff who are nearing retirement and thinking about transition
How Can I Get Involved?
- Check out the workshop and presentation descriptions (printable brochure available here)
- Pick out the sessions that interest you and fit your schedule (several presentations are offered twice)
- Register for particular sessions and make plans to join us
Note: Due to limitations of space and/or the request of presenters, workshop size is limited and registration is required. Morning and early afternoon sessions are designed for faculty and staff only, but the 4:00 PM afternoon sessions are designed for individuals to bring a spouse, partner or family member—and there is a space on the registration form to indicate that you are bringing a guest to one of these late afternoon sessions.
Introducing the Fall Health and Wellness Fair
Recognizing that retirement planning is about more than finances, we've invited several health and wellness partners to join us in the Davis Center's Fireplace Lounge from 11 to 2 on Thursday, October 31. We invite you to come by during that time and visit with:
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- The United Way
- Working Well Yoga
- The Wellness Corporation
- Kirsten Wiley Massage
- BlueCross and BlueShield of Vermont
- UVM Campus Recreation
- The Champlain Valley Agency on Aging
Workshops and Presentations
Here's the full list of workshops and presentations. For descriptions and other information, see the workshop descriptions page.
- Debt Management and Budgeting
- Paying Yourself
- Building a Solid Retirement Income Plan
- Five Habits of Highly Successful Investors
- The Social Security-Medicare-Retirement Connection
- Preparing Your Savings for Retirement
- Healthy Numbers (Health Care)
- Estate Planning: Preserving Your Savings
- Woman to Woman: She's Got It!
- The Fundamentals of Retirement Income Planning: a Panel Discussion
- Shifting from Savings to Spending
- How Am I Doing? Understanding and Achieving Your Long-Term Goals
- Retirement: Making the Transition and Staying Connected, a Panel Discussion
- Understanding Your Post-Retirement Medical Benefit
- Save for Tomorrow. Start Today: Making the Most of Your Financial Future
- Developing an Investment Strategy
- Retirement Savings Basics (Retirement Savings Plan Information Session)
A Final Word of Encouragement to Join Us
Saving for retirement is one of the most important financial responsibilities that you will ever face. No matter where you are in your life and career, chances are that you are juggling multiple financial priorities. From getting established, to caring for a household and aging parents, to getting prepared for your own retirement, every life stage has inherent fiscal challenges that can strain even the most carefully designed budgets. To help achieve financial success at any age—and especially at retirement—it's important to have a plan for your financial future.
Last modified October 07 2013 02:44 PM