How to Access WEBxtender for Position Descriptions (for authorized users only)
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 98 SE, Mac OS 9
- Internet Explorer 5.x for PCs (6.x recommended)
- Internet Explorer 5.5 for Mac
- 128MB RAM (256MB RAM recommended)
- Printer: Ink jet no older than 1 year, laser no older than 2 years (recommended)
- Using a browser (application is better viewed in Internet Explorer), go to: https://webxtender.uvm.edu/AppXtender
- Click the "Login" button.
- At the sign-in screen, Data Source should say “IMPG.”
- Enter your UVM Network ID and password (same credentials you use to access email) in the User Name and Password fields. To find your NETID, visit http://www.uvm.edu/directory and enter your name.
- Click "login."
- Double-click on the Position Application (the link, not the folder).
- Enter search criteria on any line, such as position number or last name.
- Click on “submit” to see documents available. Uncheck the boxes on left of indexes if you do not want all listed indexes to display.
- Double-click on the document icon at left to display the document. Scroll down and click on “printer-friendly” version to get a full-screen version.
- If the screen says:
Foreign File Document
Download Foreign File:017262.doc
File Size : 62,464 bytes
Estimated Download Time:
28.8 Kbps : 17 seconds
Broadband < 1 second
click on file to download (screen says, “downloading file”). Select “save” and save it to desired location. You can edit this ‘Word’ file and save it, but it will only save at your location and not on WEBxtender.
- To return to the search screen, close the document window at upper left, and click on the “new query” icon (folder with magnifying glass) to start a new query.
- When finished, logout and close browser.
Last modified December 03 2007 02:55 PM