Benefits Overview for Faculty Represented by the United Academics Full-Time Bargaining Unit
What follows is a delineation of the faculty positions that are represented by the United Academics Full-Time Bargaining Unit and those positions that are not represented, along with links to benefits information for those who are represented.
Faculty Represented by the UA Full-Time Bargaining Unit:
- All full-time faculty employed by the University (.75 or greater FTE appointments for 9, 10, 11 or 12 months), including faculty holding the rank of lecturer, instructor, or assistant/associate/full professor
- Extension faculty holding the rank of lecturer, instructor or assistant/associate/full professor
- Clinical faculty outside the College of Medicine holding the rank of lecturer, instructor or assistant/associate/full professor
- Library faculty (including the Dana Medical Library) holding the rank of lecturer, instructor or assistant/associate/full professor
- Research faculty holding the rank of research associate, lecturer, instructor or assistant/associate/full professor
- Visiting faculty holding the rank of lecturer, instructor or assistant/associate/full professor who are in a second or subsequent appointment or who are in the third year or more of an initial appointment or who have been employed in any capacity at the University of Vermont prior to their appointment as a visiting faculty member
Faculty Not Represented by the UA Full-Time Bargaining Unit
- College of Medicine faculty
- Emeritus faculty
- Part-time faculty (including adjunct faculty) – i.e., those who are less than .75 FTE appointments for 9, 10,11, or 12 months
- Deans, Associate Deans, and Assistant Deans
- The Extension Director and Extension Regional Heads
- Department Chairpersons
- The following positions in the Bailey Howe Library: Director of Research Collections, Director of Information and Instruction, Head of Collection Management Systems, and Director of Library Information Systems
- Director of the Dana Medical Library
- Director of the Statistics Program
- Clinic Director of the EM Luce Center
- Visiting faculty in the first or second year of an initial appointment who have no prior employment with the University
- Professional, administrative, and technical employees without academic rank
- White-collar and clerical employees without academic rank
- Blue-collar, maintenance and security employees
- All confidential, supervisory and managerial employees.
Benefits for Faculty Represented by the UA Full-Time Bargaining Unit
Please refer to Article 20, Benefits, of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between The University of Vermont and United Academics (AAUP/AFT) for a detailed overview of the comprehensive benefits options available.
You may also consult full benefits information on the HR Benefits website.
Last modified March 16 2016 02:46 PM