Remaining in Good Standing
- A cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.20 is required to remain in good standing in the Honors College. Students whose cumulative GPA falls below 3.20 may either be placed on academic probation or be dismissed from the Honors College, at the discretion of the Dean of the Honors College. Probation of one semester is granted if it is mathematically possible for the student to achieve the 3.20 minimum GPA requirement by the end of the probationary period.
- Students are subject to dismissal from the Honors College if they receive grades of C- or below for more than 8 credits of coursework.
- The Dean may take personal considerations into account prior to dismissal for low achievement.
- Students must make satisfactory and timely progress on the curricular requirements of the Honors College. For example, a student who is not taking required courses, or who has failed one of the Honors College seminars, or who is either not eligible for or chooses not to write a senior thesis would be subject to dismissal.
- Students with an offense against the academic integrity code, as determined by standard university procedures, will be subject to dismissal from the Honors College.
Last modified January 05 2015 04:30 PM