Honors College elective courses are developed each year and will cover a broad range of topics.
Fall 2014 Elective
HCOL 31 Music In Live Performance (one credit)
In this one credit elective course students will study and attend concerts, operas, and plays. Pre-and post-performance talks with artists will give the students an insider's view of the world of performance. Note that participation in the course requires attendance at class and the corresponding evening performance. No text required. Journal assignments.
HCOL 31 is taught by Natalie Neuert, the Director of UVM's prestigious Lane Series.
Fall Semester 2014 Dates and Performers
- September 26 - Roomful of Teeth, contemporary choral ensemble
- October 1 - Andrew Rangell, classical piano
- October 24 - Sphinx Chamber Orchestra
- November 14 - Rose Ensemble, early music vocals
- November 21 - Red Bird, folk music
Spring Semester 2015 Dates and Performers
- February 8 - Brentano String Quartet (classical)
- February 27 - Eric Bibb (Blues)
- March 19 - Dave Stryker with the UVM Big Band (Thursday)
- March 28 - The Nile Project - (pan-African)
- April 24 - Nordic Fiddler's Bloc (Traditional)
Last modified December 08 2014 03:03 PM