Surrounded by Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains, the Gund Institute is an ideal location to study environmental issues – and make a difference. Many of today’s global environmental challenges occur in Vermont in microcosm, and our unique natural, social and political setting gives students a laboratory to test ideas of global significance.
Future leaders will need a new set of skills – and that is what the Gund Institute provides.
Students at the Gund get a deep understanding of complex global issues, hands-on training in interdisciplinary research and problem-solving with world-class scholars, and real-world experience collaborating with scholars, government, and business.
Why Study at the Gund?
- We are a leader in transdisciplinary research on global environmental issues.
- We offer competitive funding and flexible programs.
- Students get hands-on experience working with world-class faculty.
- Our emphasis on UN Sustainability Goals ensures your work is globally relevant.
- Students can study a range of topics: climate change, food, water, agriculture, engineering, clean energy, business, complex systems, health, conservation, ecosystem services, ecological economics, and more.
- Burlington is a top-rated university town, a leader in sustainability, a hub for technology and innovation, and a destination for outdoor recreation and culinary adventures. Learn more about Burlington.