Duties of the Executive Committee include the following:
1. Approval for graduate credit of courses, research, and similar scholastic activity.
2. Review of the qualifications of those applying or re-applying for regular membership to the Graduate Faculty and recommendation of appointments to the Dean.
3. Advising the Dean regarding decisions concerning progress and fulfillment of graduate student requirements by individual students as necessary.
4. Conferring on the establishment and alteration of policies relating to graduate study and bringing recommendations for action to the Graduate Faculty.
5. On a regular basis, reporting its actions to the Graduate Faculty. Any action of the Executive Committee may, upon appeal by a motion introduced at a meeting of the Graduate Faculty, be referred to the Faculty for final decision.
Fall 2017 meetings will be 11:00-12:30 in the Faculty Senate Conference Room, Waterman 327 on the following dates:
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Members of the Committee can view Executive Committee materials by accessing the SharePoint site at this link (password needed).
Graduate Executive Committee
Dr. Cynthia Forehand,
Dean, Graduate College
Waterman Bldg, Rm 330
President, Graduate Student Senate
Davis Student Center
Director, Admissions & Enrollment Management
Waterman Bldg, Rm 330
Dr. Richard Foote,
Mathematics & Statistics, College of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences
16 Colchester Avenue, Rm 407
Dr. José Madalengoitia,
Chemistry, College of Arts & Sciences
Cook Physical Sci, Rm. A232
Dr. David Novak,
Business Administration, School of Business Administration
Kalkin Bldg, Rm 318
Dr. Jane Okech,
Leadership & Development Science, College of Education and Social Services
Mann Hall Rm 201A
Dr. Donna L. Parrish,
Natural Resources, Rubenstein School of Environmental and Natural Resources
Aiken Center, 302C
Dr. Susanna Schrafstetter,
History, College of Arts & Sciences
Wheeler House, Rm. 303
Dr. Matthew Wargo,
Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine
Given B Bldg., Rm 401
Liaison to the Graduate Executive Committee