UVM Foreign Language Placement Test for German
Who should take a language test?
If you plan on enrolling in German [or Spanish or French] at ANY level, you must take the foreign language placement test (Password: catamounts1). The test is not currently available for Russian or Hebrew; for advice on placement for these languages, please contact Kevin.McKenna@uvm.edu for Russian and Gideon.Bavly@uvm.edu for Hebrew. The Language Placement test is for placement purposes only. If you feel that you should enroll in a higher level or lower level German language course than indicated by the test, please consult with Prof. Helga Schreckenberger, chair of the German & Russian department.
German Test Ranges & Course Designations
UVM Course Indicated
|Below 328||German 001 - Elementary German|
|328-416||German 002 - Elementary German, 2nd semester|
|417-548||German 051 - Intermediate German|
|Above 548||German 052 - Intermediate German, 2nd semester|
How to take the test:
- You will be prompted for a Password to access the registration page for the language tests.
- Password: catamounts1
- Select the language you would study: German, or Spanish or French, from the drop down menu.
- Enter your first name under “First Name.”
- Enter your last name under “Last Name.”
- Enter your UVM 95xxxxxxx ID number, or a number that you will remember.
- If you are continuing an earlier exam, just click “Resume” at this point and you will be returned to the exam where you left off. You may also use this button to retrieve your previous FLP test score.
- Fill in the “University Information”, “Language Experience” and “Other Language Experience” sections as completely as possible.
- Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page when finished.
- Read the sample question and submit a response to start the test.
- The test usually takes about 20 minutes.
- When completed, your results will appear on a Report window. If you need to see your results again, just log in again as noted above, and when you hit the "Resume" button you will see your previous score.
- Click the "Finish" button to complete the test.
Last modified April 06 2010 03:28 PM