Vermont Agriculture Individual Development Account Program
Vermont's Youth Agricultural IDA (YAIDA) program invites you to join its next group of participants! YAIDA is the first program of its kind in the United States specifically for young women and men ages 14 to 21 who are engaged or interested in farming.
The program provides:
- Financial literacy education
- Farm business management training
- On-farm mentorships
- 2:1 savings match
- Educational workshops
- Access to Vermont's network of agricultural experts
- Opportunities to learn from and collaborate with other farmers
Participants that complete the program receive:
- Up to $1,000 for the purchase of a productive farm business asset
- Farm business management skills
- Completed business plan
- Guidance on the way to joining the next generation of Vermont farmers
Watch this short video to learn more about the YAIDA Program!
Applications for this round closed on May 22, 2015.
Download the Program Brochure (PDF)