Goals of the 4-H Teen & Leadership Programs
- Acquire leadership skills
- Improve team building, critical thinking, problem solving, goal setting and communication skills
- Provide opportunities for youth to be leaders of today, not just tomorrow
- Engage a diverse population of youth in leadership development
- Have fun and make new friends
Vermont 4-H has a strong focus in TEEN & LEADERSHIP programming.
All youth have leadership potential. Most leadership specialists agree that leaders are made, not born, and that young people can learn and develop leadership attitudes and skills. Becoming a leader is a developmental process but this process is often overlooked in education.
Vermont 4-H offers a wide variety of opportunities which enable teens to develop knowledge, skills, attitudes, and aspirations needed for success in the 21st century. Teens can participate in programs focused on LEADERSHIP, CITIZENSHIP, and LIFESKILLS, through exploring a variety of topics.
Last modified December 13 2013 12:18 PM