Junior Chefs Program
This 6-week afterschool program is designed for grades 3-7. Each lesson features a food group from MyPlate. Students participate in nutrition activities and then prepare a healthy snack. The lessons are designed to help participants gain the skills and knowledge they need to prepare nutritious meals and snacks.
- To improve the health of youth participants.
- To increase the intake of fruits and vegetables.
- To increase intake of whole grains.
- To decrease intake of fats.
- To increase intake of calcium.
- To decrease intake of added sugars.
- To plan healthy meals and snacks.
- To follow a recipe.
- To try new foods.
For More Information
Contact Diane Mincher (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call 802-388-4969 or 800-956-1125, toll-free in Vt.; fax 802-388-0511).
Last modified March 29 2013 10:21 AM