Foster and Kincare Specialist
- (802) 773-3349 ext.268
- Howe Center Business Park, 1 Scale Avenue, Suite 55, Rutland, VT 05701
Profile & Education
Joan Vance has worked as an administrator of rural social and health programs for over 25 years. She has 20 years of experience in tribal settings, both as an administrator of programs and a coordinator of partnership projects. She has worked in Extension since 2001, first in Washington state, and coming to UVM in 2010. She has conducted research on models of family engagement through the University of Washington and is engaged in furthering that work at UVM Extension.
- MSW, University of Washington
- B.S., Portland State University, Oregon - Anthropology
Areas of Expertise
Foster Care, Kinship Care, Rural Social Work, Cross-Cultural Social Work, Youth Development.
Honors & Awards
- NEAFCS - National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- NAE4-HA – National Association of Extension 4-H Agents
Last modified January 10 2014 09:15 AM