UVM EXTENSION FACULTY
Ellen Rowe, Ed.D.
Community and Leadership Development Specialist
- Ed.D, University of Vermont
- MS, University of Vermont
Areas of Expertise:
Community Leadership; Community Development; Building Community Collaborations; Group Development and Facilitation; Volunteer Development; Public Policy Education; Strategic Planning and Professional Development for Youth Development Professionals
Contact InformationOffice: 397 Railroad St., Suite 3, St. Johnsbury, VT
Phone: (802) 751-8307 x360
Office Hours by appointment
Dr. Rowe has completed 40 years of employment with University of Vermont Extension, first as County Extension Agent in Home Economics and 4-H in Essex County, VT (24 years) then as Extension Regional Director (12 years). She currently serves as Extension Specialist for Community and Leadership Development and academic advisor for the 4-H program. In this role she engages in planning, delivering, and evaluating educational programs that benefit Vermont’s communities, families, youth, and the natural environment. She has served as the Principle Investigator for various grants over the past 20 years, managing over $2 million in project dollars.
Courses Currently Taught
- ONLINE Graduate Courses
- Leadership in Practice (fall semester)
- Leading Through Change (spring semester beginning 2012)
- ONLINE Courses through Enhancing Rural Capacity CoP
- Meeting Basics
- Strengthening Your Facilitation Skills (20hrs)
Rowe also monitors distance education for two modules developed through the Building Capacity project
- Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Rowe, E. - "Looking at Extension as a learning organization" - Journal of Extension - 2010 - [Online Serial], 48 (4).
- Baughman, S.; Arnold, M.; Boyd, H.H.; Franz, N.K.; Mead, J.; Rowe, E.; Silliman, B. - "Evaluating Impact for Professional Devlopment Curriculum Delivery Through Learning Circles" - Journal of Extension - 2010 - [On-line Serial], 48 (3).
- Conference Proceeding
- Butzine,S.; Long, G.; Rowe, E.; Richard, R.F.; Wells, K.; Wright, K. - "Building Effective Organizational Systems: Educational Content for Professional Development" - 2009 - Washington, DC: National 4-H Learning Priorities Project, Cooperative State Research, Education, & Extension Service, USDA.
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP)
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents (NAE4-HA)
- Ed.D, University of Vermont - Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- MS, University of Vermont - Human Development and Family Studies
- BS, Ohio State University - General Home Economics
Last modified May 10 2011 12:09 PM