Extension Associate Professor:
Community and Leadership Development Specialist
- (802) 751-8307 ext. 360
- 374 Emerson Falls Road, Suite 1, St. Johnsbury, Vermont 05819-1740
Profile & Education
Dr. Rowe has over 40 years of employment with University of Vermont Extension, first as County Extension agent in home economics and 4-H in Essex County, Vt. (24 years) then as Extension regional director (12 years). She currently serves as Extension specialist for community and leadership development and academic advisor for the 4-H program. In this role she engages in planning, delivering and evaluating educational programs that benefit Vermont's communities, families, youth and the natural environment. She has served as the principle investigator for various grants over the past 20 years, managing over $2.5 million in project dollars.
- Ed.D., University of Vermont - Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- MS, University of Vermont - Human Development and Family Studies
- BS, Ohio State University - General Home Economics
Areas of Expertise
Community leadership; Community development; Building community collaborations; Group development and facilitation; Volunteer development; Public policy education; Strategic planning and professional development for youth development professionals
- Rowe, E. "Looking at Extension as a learning organization." Journal of Extension. 2010, [Online Serial], 48 (4).
- Baughman, S.; Arnold, M.; Boyd, H.H.; Franz, N.K.; Mead, J.; Rowe, E.; Silliman, B. "Evaluating Impact for Professional Devlopment Curriculum Delivery Through Learning Circles." Journal of Extension. 2010, [Online Serial], 48 (3).
- Butzine,S.; Long, G.; Rowe, E.; Richard, R.F.; Wells, K.; Wright, K. "Building Effective Organizational Systems: Educational Content for Professional Development." 2009 Washington, D.C.: National 4-H Learning Priorities Project, Cooperative State Research, Education, & Extension Service, USDA.
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP)
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents (NAE4-HA)
Online Graduate Courses
- Leadership in Practice (fall semester)
- Leading Through Change (spring semester)
Online Courses through Enhancing Rural Community Capacity CoP
- Meeting Basics
- Strengthening Your Facilitation Skills
Last modified October 15 2014 01:35 PM