Farm Business Management Specialist
- (802) 751-8307
- 397 Railroad Street, Suite 3, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
Profile & Education
Dennis Kauppila predominantly works with farmers on their finances: working with them to create and understand a balance sheet and a cash flow budget. Focusing primarily on the eastern side of Vermont, he teaches a farm business planning course, and works with farmers who are in a grant program to write business plans. Dennis also serves on an advisory committee to the IRS - providing input on Publication 225, Farmer's Tax Guide.
- M.S., University of Vermont - Ag Economics
- B.S., University of Vermont - Animal Science
Areas of Expertise
Farm finances, balance sheets, budgeting, farm transfer issues, farm income taxes.
- Kauppila, D, Rogers, G, Parsons, R (July 2010), Profitability of Organic Dairy Farming in VT, 2009, poster session, NACAA Annual Meeting and Professional Development Conference. Juried
- Kauppila, D and Rogers, G. (2010) Employment Documents for ALL Employees- Citizens and Non-Citizens Working on the Farm. VT Agency of Ag's Agriview./li>
- Kauppila, D. (2009) The Vermont Migrant Education Program. Hoards Dairyman.
- Rogers, G. and Kauppila, D. (Sept 2008), Improving Tax Practitioner Accuracy and Knowledge Through Extension Programming, poster session, Extension Galaxy Conference. Juried.
- Kauppila, D. (2007, 2008, and 2009, August). Contributor to National Income Tax Workbook, Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation.
Honors & Awards
- 2006 Sabbatical study leave, Dairy Budgets and Teagasc Management Info Systems, Ireland.
- 2005 Distinguished Service Award, National Assoc of County Ag Agents, Buffalo, July.
- National Association of County Ag Agents
- Building a Sustainable Business - a farm business planning course
- Balance Sheet/Budgeting Clinics
Last modified January 10 2014 09:12 AM